Good evening, By My Side friends. Welcome to our New Year of January 2022. Usually I like to begin a new year of my monthly posts with some resolutions to help get us in the mood of making all the changes we are usually motivated to work on at the beginning of a new year.
This year I thought I would do something a little different. I thought I would share 24 questions I came upon from Matthew Kelly, designed to encourage and challenge us to make this upcoming year incredible. I hope they will lead you to new dreams, goals and discoveries for 2022.
1) What are you proudest of in 2021? Tell somebody.
2) When were you happiest in 2021?
3) When was the last time you felt fully alive? What contributed to that? What do you have to do to experience that more regularly?
4) What about your past is keeping you from your future?
5) If you could accomplish one thing this year, what would you like it to be?
6) What needs to be on your “not to do” list this year?
7) What are you dissatisfied with at this time in your life?
8) What do you need most from your friends this year?
9) How do you want to feel one year from now? Is that different from how you feel today?
10) Are you serious about making 2022 the best year of your life?
11) Who do you want to help in powerful ways – large or small – in 2022?
12) If you retired on December 21, 2021, what would you spend your time doing this year? What piece of that can you do even though you are not retiring?
13) Who do you want to love more and better than ever this year?
14) Have you given up on some part of your life? Which part? Why?
15) What 10 books do you want to read in 2022?
16) If you could vacation anywhere in the world this year, where would you go?
17) If you knew you only had one year to live, what would you make sure to do in 2022?
18) If you gave one thing away each day for a whole year how would your life be different?
19) What do you do that requires only 10% of you? What do you do that leverages 50% or 60% of who you are? And what do you do that engages 90% or more of you?
20) What is something you have to do, for if you do not, your soul will start to die?
21) What’s the one thing you could do everyday this year that would make you a better version of yourself?
22) What’s the one thing you really want? Do you even know? If not, that’s ok. But if that’s the case, isn’t it time you spent some time in the classroom of silence grappling with this question?
23) What are you pretending not to know? And why are you afraid to acknowledge it?
24) What three dreams are most important to you in 2022?
We have so many questions and all too often we turn to the people around us as we look for answers, instead of looking above and turning to the one who has all the answers to all our questions. Your questions are the gateway to the answers you seek. Treasure your questions. Honour them enough to seek answers, and not just any answers.
These questions we gift to each other to ponder at the start of this new year I hope will inspire us to look at ourselves and our lives in new and exciting ways. Welcome to 2022.
See you again next month. Love MJ xo