Good morning everyone.
It’s March and the snow is still coming down here in Ottawa. Spring will be here soon so hold on a few more weeks.
This month I want to share with you a few more quotes from another great Saint of our age, Saint Teresa of Calcutta. When the world’s problems overwhelm you, reflecting upon a few quotes by Mother Teresa can inspire hope and a renewed focus on living a life of love, service, and faith.
One of the greatest humanitarians of our age, Saint Teresa of Calcutta, as she was called after being canonized in 2016, showed the world how to love, serve and help the marginalized and less fortunate people in their communities. She touched the lives of millions of people through her selfless acts of charity. She embodied the servant nature of Christ, being His hands and feet to others.
Along the way, she left us with profound wisdom to inspire our faith. In her words and actions, we see that a life of love – however big or small, quiet or recognized – is significant, meaningful, and powerful.
1) If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
2) Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
3) Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.
4) Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.
5) True love is love that causes us pain, that hurts and yet brings us great joy. For love to be real, it must cost – it must hurt – it must empty us of self. That is why we must pray to God and ask Him to give us the courage to love.
6) People are unrealistic, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
7) I know I am touching the living body of Christ in the broken bodies of the hungry and the suffering. Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.
Poverty was not created by God. It is we who have caused it, you and I through our egotism.
9) If you can’t feed 100 people, feed just one.
10) We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
11) We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace. We need love and compassion.
12) The way you can help heal the world is to start with your family.
Simple yet profound words of wisdom from Saint Teresa but gentle reminders and much “food for thought”. Take care, everyone. I will be keeping you all in my prayers this month.
Love MJ xo