Hello everyone. I’m happy to be writing to you today in this month of October. I’ve just spent the last 5 weeks recovering from knee surgery and I feel so greatful to be well on the mend.
As thanksgiving weekend has come and gone, my heart is full of gratitude for my family, my friends, and all of you who I have met in this By My Side ministry. Today I want to share with you, my ministry friends, a second month of 12 spiritual quotes that I found quite inspirational. I hope you enjoy this month of MJ‘s ‘Food for Thought”.
1) One of the most dangerous mistakes in life is to ignore the moments that invite us to walk down another street. Still, it takes tremendous awareness and courage to embrace a new direction in our lives. (Matthew Kelly)
2) Ask Him to remind you that great leaders emerge arguing for something, not against something. (Jane Trufant Harvey)
3) Humans are hardwired to be unhappy when they live outside of God’s plan for their lives. (Carrie Gress)
4) Don’t let your past define you. It may be helpful to glance in the rearview mirror from time to time but if you keep your gaze there for too long you will crash. Allow the past to serve you. Don’t let it rob you of your now. Don’t let it steal your future. (Matthew kelly)
5) The greatest threat to your happiness and wholeness is your unrecognized spiritual needs. (Matthew Kelly)
6) Ask Him to help you master the discipline of simply living one day at a time. (Jane Trufant Harvey)
7) We believe that once something is broken it can never be as beautiful as it was before. But that’s not true. It’s true that it cannot be exactly the same as it was before, but that doesn’t mean it cannot surpass its former self. (Matthew kelly)
. Ask Him to help keep you from judging the motivation of someone else’s heart. (Jane Trufant Harvey)
9) Clarity is necessary to live with great intentionality. But finding that clarity is almost impossible in the midst of this crazy, noisy, busy world. That’s why having time in silence and solitude each day is essential. (Matthew kelly)
10) Deferred joys purchased by sacrifice are always sweetest and most enduring. (Fulton Sheen)
11) Success may require many steps. But progress only requires one. (T. Jay Taylor)
12) Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. (Benjamin Franklin)
There are many books out there that offer inspirational quotes, ideas and passages, often one a day for 365 days. I love to start my day with a short inspirational message, a new way of viewing things in a way I hadn’t thought of before.
Perhaps a new daily habit to consider as you read through some of these phrases. Blessings to you all.
See you next month.