Happy Friday everyone. I hope this November 2020 post finds you all warm, safe and healthy as we move into the Advent/Christmas season for this crazy year 2020. Tonight I thought I would lighten up my post this month by sharing a few wise reminders I encountered through Facebook. I was stuck by the profound yet simplicity of these special words. Great reflections for all of us. Hope you enjoy them.
As we grow older, and yet wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $300 or a $30 watch – they both tell the same time. Whether we carry a $300 or a $30 wallet/handbag – the amount of money inside is the same. Whether we drink a $300 or $10 wine, the hangover is the same. Whether we live in a 3000 or 300 square foot house, loneliness is the same.
We will realize over time, that our true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world. “We never can get enough of what we don’t really need” says Matthew Kelly.
Therefore, I hope we all learn to realize, that when we have buddies, old friends, brothers and sisters who we chat with, laugh with, talk with, have sung songs with, talk about north-south-east-west or heaven and earth – that is true happiness.
Here are 7 undeniable facts of life:
1) Don’t educate your children to be rich. Educate them to nurture their special relationships which will bring happiness. So when they grow up they will know the value of people and things, not the price.
2) Eat your food as your medicines. Otherwise you will have to eat medicines as your food.
3) The one who loves you will never leave you because even if there are 100 reasons to give up he or she will find one reason to hold on.
4) There is a big difference between a human being and being human. Not everybody understands that.
5) You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In between, you have to manage. Get to know God, and you will mange with the best support and friend you can ever have.
6) If you just want to walk fast, walk alone. But if you want to walk far, walk together.
7) Real healing begins when we get honest with ourselves.
And finally… The 7 best doctors in the world:
and most importantly…
Consider, an ongoing personal relationship through prayer with our Lord Jesus.
Maintain them in all stages of life and enjoy a healthy life. The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for. That’s it folks, simple yet so familiar “food for thought” as we head into December. Have a wonderful weekend.