Merry Christmas to my Favourite Family Pack.
Good morning folks. I hope you are enjoying this special Advent season as we anticipate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ on Christmas Day.
As I look back on this year, I have shared many ideas and “food for thought” about our Catholic worldview and the wisdom our church offers us through its many traditions, scriptures, and prayerful perspectives.
So for today, I thought I would close out 2023 this month of December sharing an amazing tool I discovered a long time ago by Matthew Kelly. The Prayer Process.
As you head into 2024, if you can decide to commit 10-15 minutes at the start of your day to some personal surrendered prayer time, this is a wonderful tool to help you get started.
1) Gratitude. Begin but thanking God in a personal dialogue for whatever you are most grateful for today.
2) Awareness. Re-visit the times in the past 24 hours when you were not the best-version-of-yourself. Talk to God about these situations and what you learned from them.
3) Significant Moments. Identify something you experienced today, (or experienced yesterday if you are praying early in the morning), and explore what God might be trying to say to you through that event (or person).
4) Peace. Ask God to forgive you for any wrong you have committed (against yourself, another person, or Him), and to fill you with a deep and abiding peace.
5) Freedom. Speak with God about how He is inviting you to change your life, so that you can experience the freedom to be the best-version-of-yourself.
6) Others. Lift up to God, anyone you feel called to pray for today, asking God to bless and guide them.
7) Finish by saying The Our Father.
May the Lord bless you all with good health, happiness, and great joy this Christmas as I send you peace, love, and prayers to you and your families this holiday season.
Love MJ xo